Cantu’s Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream is heaven.
Being a natural girl can be stressful sometimes.
Having to find the perfect curly hair products for your type of hair or your necessities (if you’re transitioning or if your curls are dry) or having to look for tips to help you deal with those rebel curls, can be a nightmare.
Watching YouTube videos, reading blog posts and even the reviews on Amazon or eBay just to buy a product which, in the end, may not even work on you!
I tried everything while transitioning. Homemade gels, homemade hair masks, deep conditioning, everything! And that everything was not helping me… at all!
That’s when I found Cantu.
Cantu’s Curl Activator Cream – Review
Cantu, for me, is one of the best when it comes to helping us no matter what’s the problem we’re dealing with, from masks to curl activators, they have it all!
The Curl Activator Cream from Cantu is, honestly, one of the best products I’ve ever tried. It helps my curls feel so soft and moisturized, besides, how defined they are is amazing!
I got to be honest, the first time I tried them, I gave them a minus, but it was not the product’s fault.
I started transitioning about a year ago and it was the first product I ever tried. Everybody was saying: “OMG Cantu is amazing!” or “you should start using Cantu, right now!” and as the good listener that I am, I followed the advice.
The problem? They didn’t tell me how to use it!
I didn’t use a leave-in nor divided my hair into sections to put the product on. I just took some of it and put it on my hair, oh God… what a mess!
I hated the product at that moment and I even wanted to cry because I thought I’d wasted that money! (They’re pretty expensive in my country and I didn’t have a job back then).
But I didn’t give up. I couldn’t just lose money, I had to find a way!
I looked for some tips on YouTube, I read tons of blogs and bought a good hair mask to hydrate my hair (actually I bought a sample of their deep conditioning mask, I was not going to make the same mistake twice).
The second time I tried it? It did magic with my curls!
I just needed to do some research on how to use it and it became THE product everybody was talking about.
It defined my non-existing curls at that moment. They ended up being super moisturized after some weeks using it and the way it made me feel is hard to describe!
My curls lasted for days. I only had to use a bit of water and a bit of leave-in and they were as if I just finished styling them!
1. It can last for a long time since you can have good results with so little product!
2. The fragrance can last forever on your curls.
3. Does not weight down your hair, which means that you’ll have good volume.
4. Reduces tangling and hair breakage.
6. Shiny curls.
The only bad thing I find is that, if you don’t like the coconut scent, then this product won’t be for you.
How to use Cantu’s Curl Activator Cream
1. Wash, Condition and detangle your hair.
2. Divide your hair into sections.
3. Apply the Cantu Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream section by section. (Note: Comb your hair for even better product distribution)
4. Scrunch, scrunch, scrunch!
5. Hair dry with a diffuser (Tip: Use the diffuser when your hair is 80% dry to give more volume and to finish drying it)
Important note about Cantu’s Curl Activator Cream:
Cantu’s Curl Activator Cream gives better results to 2A-3A types of curls. So if you’re over 3C I don’t think it will fit you, however, if that’s your case I highly recommend the Cantu’s Maximum Hold Moisture Retention Styling Gel.
- Vegan skincare products for sensitive skin
- 10 things I stopped buying that saved me money
- The best morning routine to be productive